Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just warming up...

I've been on the road now for 2 1/2 years and sell wine in states west of the Mississippi river. I am very lucky to work for a visionary in the industry and even luckier to have an employer that supports making our own choices when we travel. Since I started this job, I've made conscious decisions to support local businesses that include independent and boutique hotels, regional airlines, locally owned restaurants and all things off the beaten path of the typical "road warrior." I'm also perpetually interested in things that make our lives easier...great clothes and beauty products for travel, interesting places to shop, and the local coffee shop that brews up the perfect cup.

I was inspired to start this blog by many people that I've met and places that I've seen over the past couple years. While I thoroughly enjoyed the movie "Up in the Air" I believe that your life can be about more than accumulating points when you travel for business (although I too am slightly obsessed with my mileage plan). Don't lose sight of what you enjoy in your everyday life and don't settle for second best because you are traveling and weary. Seeking out authentic experiences can bring a bit of tenderness to your life on the road.



Hopefully this blog will help others avoid the pitfalls I've made, and offer refuge and relief, even in the middle of nowhere, once you finally get to your destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment